Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2012


Workshops during Youth Fashion Summit at Mærsk. 


Dinner at Loppen with great table mates from Latvia, Finland and Italy.


Am I the only one who thinks the Opera House sort of looks like an airport?


Cascades of sustainable fabrics. So long myth about brown-hemp only and hello Organic cotton, organic wool, recycled wool, organic linen, recycled polyester, tensel and milk (yes, milk!) fibers.


Hanging out with a 1000 of my closest acquaintances such as Connie Hedegaard, H&M, Susanne Rützou, Better Place, Bruuns Bazaar, Patagonia, Vogue, Gucci, Eurowoman, CNN, Martin Lidegaard (the minister of climate, energy and building who I actually talked to ..ish) 
Everyone from Gina Tricot to Greenpeace was there.


Like with so many other things, the Opera is much more pretty on the inside:)


Welcome by the hosts Nikolaj Hübbe - or is it Connie Nielsen? Their body language was quite hard to separate.


On the slide about product transparency you can see a QR code on the care label for a pair of jeans, that you can scan and learn more about the production chain of your latest purchase.


Helena Helmersson who is H&M's head of sustainability talked about many great things, but I think her final slide shows the entire fashion paradox very well: The Fashion Industry can only 'do good' to a certain level - It is the simple nature of Fashion to constantly keep us desiring new clothes.
(But thumbs up for their Conscious Collection which I will post a bit about next week)


Another example about the tricky fashion paradox is the experience I had when we were on stage presenting our key findings from the Youth Fashion Summit. The arrangers gave each of us a sponsored T-shirt that they wanted us to wear and keep. 
Thank you very much, but isn't this exactly what we shouldn't be doing? Fixing the problems we have with the mindset that created them? I don't at all blame the ones who did wear the T-shirt, I just didn't do it.


Galahad Clark from the barefoot shoe company Vivobarefoot talking about how we in the western society have become scared of nature (e.g. pain, fat, the sun, giving birth, bacteria). He's philosophy is creating sustainable products that 



I took notes till my hand fell off.


As I mentioned earlier I kind of like Mary... I do. Is that sad? My politician friends would probably think so. But that being said I still think the royal people should seriously think about cooling down their consumption habit.


I fell a bit in love with Bruno.


The reward for the entire day was without doubt dinner with my amazing mom and catching the sunset at the great belt bridge on my way home. 

Etiketter: